My research topic is about WeChat’s functions and the impact of WeChat on the Chinese people’s social relationships. For my creative project, I am filming a documentary about the Chinese international students’ opinions on WeChat.
I have currently asked five Chinese international students (3 males and 2 females) to help me film. The question list below are the questions I asked during the interviews.
- Introduce (Name, Where in China they are from, and When they came to the US)
- Describe WeChat in one sentence.
- How often do you use WeChat?
- Differences between WeChat and other social media platforms? Talk about WeChat’s functions like WeChatpay, Didi, Mobike, and more, and which one do you use the most?
- How do you think WeChat has changed culture and social relationships in China?
- What are your feelings about monitoring of WeChat in China?
- Coming to the U.S., how has your opinion about WeChat changed?
The link below is one of the five raw footages that I have currently. I have to organize and edit the clips through next few weeks.
The photos below are photos of other interviewees.
I am currently thinking of how to edit my documentary. The composition seems a little off for me, but my film professor also said it seems okay. I want to match the video style similar to WeChat’s. I’ll see where my style heads to depending on my editing skill.